There are a lot of ways to upgrade the exterior of your home, but some of them are better than others. Here are ten popular trends that will give you the best results for your money.
Outdoor rooms are a great way to extend your home’s living space. You can create an outdoor room by extending the roofline of your home and adding windows or doors, or by building a separate structure that is connected to the main house.
The best part about creating an outdoor room is that it doesn’t have to be permanent – as long as it has walls, a roof and some kind of flooring (even if it’s just grass), then it qualifies!
Outdoor kitchens are the perfect way to increase the usable space of your home. They can be used for entertaining, or just relaxing with friends and family. You can cook in them, eat in them, even barbecue!
The best part is that they’re not just for summer–you can enjoy your outdoor kitchen year-round.
One of the biggest trends in outdoor living spaces is multifunctional spaces. These spaces can be used for entertaining, eating and relaxing; sleeping; exercising; reading; studying or watching TV. The idea is that you don’t need a separate room for each activity–you just have one large area where you can do everything!
The best way to create this type of space is by using furniture that’s flexible enough to accommodate all these different uses. For example, consider an outdoor sofa that has storage underneath it so you can hide away blankets and pillows when they’re not being used (sofa pictured below). Or try installing some hooks on the wall next to your grill so they’re easy-to-access when cooking out with friends (grill pictured above).
Glass is a great way to bring more light into a space, but it’s also an excellent way to bring in more views. Glass provides a sense of openness and airiness, which makes rooms feel larger than they actually are. This can be especially helpful if you have an awkward layout that makes it difficult for guests to circulate through your home during parties or family gatherings. Glass walls also provide security–they’re less likely than other materials to break easily, making them ideal for window panes or doors that lead outside the house.
Glass is often used in conjunction with other materials like aluminum or vinyl sidings because it adds visual interest while still allowing plenty of natural light into the room through its transparent surface
Covered porches and patios
A covered porch or patio is a great place to relax, entertain, and enjoy the outdoors. Porches and patios are also perfect for cooking and reading.
- Covered porches have roofs that protect you from the rain while still allowing you to enjoy the fresh air of your yard.
- Patio covers can be made out of many materials including wood or vinyl panels that attach directly onto your existing deck railing so there’s no need for additional construction work!
These structures can be used as an extension of your home’s living space by incorporating them into your overall design plans – whether it’s adding more seating areas within the covered area itself or incorporating some other fun features like fire pits or dining tables where everyone can gather around together without having their feet get wet when it starts raining outside!
Natural materials and finishes
If you’re looking for ways to add natural elements to your home exterior, there are a number of materials and finishes that will give you the look without requiring much maintenance. The most obvious choice is wood. Whether it’s real or faux, wood can be used for anything from windowsills and shutters to decking or siding on the house itself. Other options include:
- Stone–Natural stone is durable and low-maintenance; it also comes in many different colors and textures so it can fit into any style of architecture.
- Metal–Metal is also durable and doesn’t require much upkeep if properly maintained (e.g., painting every few years). It comes in many colors as well; however, metal tends not to match other materials well so this isn’t always an ideal choice unless you want something completely unique!
Double height ceilings or high open windows and doors
Double height ceilings or high open windows and doors are a fantastic way to create a sense of space, as well as letting in natural light. They’re also great for keeping the interior of your house cool during summer months–and it can be very effective at doing so! If you have a small room that needs some help feeling larger, this is probably one of the best ways to do it. Finally, if you want drama and excitement in your home’s exterior design but aren’t sure where else to look (or if you just don’t have enough money), consider adding some dramatic double-height spaces onto your home’s exterior by using high windows and/or doors near entryways or other areas where they’ll be seen by passersby on footpaths below
Accent walls and cladding materials, such as stone or brick veneer
Stone and brick are popular exterior cladding materials, but they’re not just for the exterior of buildings. Stone and brick can also be used inside the home as accents in a room or as an entire wall. They’re especially popular in kitchens, where they add warmth and character to this important space.
There are a lot of great ideas out there for upgrading the exterior of your home.
There are a lot of great ideas out there for upgrading the exterior of your home. If you’re looking to add some new features or make improvements, here are some excellent resources:
- Houzz has a wide selection of design ideas from other homeowners who have taken on projects similar to yours. It’s easy to browse through photos and get inspiration from what other people have done with their own homes.
- Pinterest is another great place for finding inspiration for outdoor living spaces–you can search by style (modern) or theme (patio), among other things! Just remember that these photos aren’t always accurate representations of what something looks like in real life so keep an open mind while browsing around online…and don’t forget about Instagram!
The outdoor space of your home is one of the most important areas to update, as it has a direct impact on how you live. You can make use of these trends to create a beautiful space that you’ll love spending time in.